- Titanium oxide exhibits good photo catalytic properties, hence is used in antiseptic and antibacterial compositions
- Degrading organic contaminants and germs
- As a UV-resistant material
- Manufacture of printing ink, self-cleaning ceramics and glass, coating, etc.
- Making of cosmetic products such as sunscreen creams, whitening creams, morning and night creams, skin milks, etc.
- Titanium oxide (TiO2) is available in the form of nanocrystals or nanodots having a high surface area. Titanium dioxide is also known as rutile, titanium dioxide and dioxotitanium.