BioReady Gold Nanoshells – Carboxyl
Antibodies and other amine-containing biomolecules efficiently bind to carboxyl gold nanoshells using EDC-NHS chemistry to make highly stable conjugates. Gold nanoshells provide an ultrabright label for lateral flow – up to 20× increases in lateral flow diagnostic sensitivity over 40 nm gold.
Carboxyl is covalently bound to the metal surface. The acid provides a highly negatively charged surface for subsequent conjugation to proteins, antibodies or peptides.
- Hydrodynamic diameter (DLS): 145 to 195 nm
- Zeta potential: –40 to –70 mV
- pH of solution: 6.0 to 9.5
- Particle surface: carboxyl
- Solvent: 0.02 mM potassium carbonate solution
- Peak wavelength (λmax): 770 to 840 nm
- Concentration: 20 OD in aqueous 0.02 mM potassium carbonate
- Diameter: 150 nm