NanoXact Gold Nanoshells – PEG
Gold nanoshells consist of a silica core surrounded by a gold shell. By changing the ratio of the size of the core to the thickness of the shell, the plasmon resonance can be tuned across the visible and infrared.
Polyethylene glycol (PEG) is a 5 kDa ligand that is covalently bound to the particle’s surface. The PEG surface provides the highest stability in aqueous buffers and protic solvents.
NanoXact materials are high quality, unagglomerated and monodisperse nanoparticles.
Provided at 0.05 mg/mL or 1 mg/mL in water.
- Hydrodynamic diameter (DLS): TEM diameter plus 20 to 50 nm
- Zeta potential: –15 to –45 mV
- pH of solution: 5.0 to 7.5
- Particle surface: mPEG 5 kDa
- Solvent: USP Purified Water